Nikon D3s loose lens mount.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
nbrooksphoto New Member • Posts: 20
Nikon D3s loose lens mount.

I've been experiencing an ongoing issue with my D3s when in use with long lenses (300mm 2.8 and longer). The problem is that when I mount a long lens there is quite a bit of play in the mount (side to side), which means the lens occasionally stops communicating with the camera if not twisted towards the right hence not allowing me to focus or change aperture.

The lens mount is definatley at fault as the screws are all tight; however, it does show signs of significent wear were the previous owner (a wedding photographer) changed lenses an awful lot.

My question is: is the mount easy to change? Or do I need to send it way for repair? I've taken the mount off of my Nikon F80 and that was 5 screws off and put it back on, simple. But will it be the same on the D3s?

I'm a studwnt and only own one DSLR so I'd rather not send it off but if needs must I'll wait until the summer.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

nbrooksphoto's gear list:nbrooksphoto's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Nikon D3 Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow