F-stop Backpack Alternatives

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matt Pitts
Matt Pitts Junior Member • Posts: 40
F-stop Backpack Alternatives

Hi Guys,

I have been researching backpacks for some time now, I am. a professional photographer based in the UK. I often photograph sports and events. So I have been looking for a backpack to carry all my photographic gear sometime. I'm currently using regular backpacks with various arrangements of Temba camera inserts. However over the last few years I have found it quite frustrating to be able to access my camera gear very quickly using this kind of setup.

I normally have a Canon 5D3, 70 to 200m lens plus 35mm lens plus a Fuji XT-2 body and lens. Plus normally carrying  a couple of flashes, laptop, chargers, spare batteries, filters  etc. Ideally I'm looking for one bag can carry everything in securely and easily access this gear quickly while hiking about on the route of a cycle ride for example.

I've spent too many hours watching videos on YouTube and reading various reviews of different camera bags. I was initially thinking I would purchase one of the Lowepro backpacks. However I'm now leaning more towards the f-stop bags, as they seem to tick most of the boxes, plus there is very little in the way of other hiking backpacks designed for photography which would be comfortable for all day use. I was initially looking at the Peak Designs 30l, but is sounds like its not that comfortable for all day use, especially when fully loaded.

My current shortlist includes:

F-stop LOKA UL

F-stop TILOPA

Although I have also come across the EVOC CP 35l, however there is very little information online about these bags so hard to get a very good idea.

I'm really interested to hear from people who actually have long-term experience using either any of the above bags  or would be able to suggest an alternative bag for my situation.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow