Slide Copying

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TAM63 Senior Member • Posts: 2,583
Slide Copying

A friend of mine has about 1000 images, mostly slides, for a family archive project. She sent them out to a service, that did the most amazingly bad job I can imagine - 1 out of 5 missing, many cut off, not to mention color casts etc. And all out of order. So fairly unusable.

I've volunteered to try to fix this/do it over. Probably the latter. So I would have something between 200 and 900 slides to scan I would estimate.

I have a flatbed scanner, but that would be so inconvenient for me the way my house is set up, I don't think that'

s the way I want to go.

I'm looking at the possibility of using my DSLR and the Nikon ES-1.

What I have that may be useful here:

D810
Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 ais micro-nikkor
SB-700, remote cable, triggers, etc.

Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR

Tripod

Light stands

Ancient light table

Lightroom
Photoshop

So if I am understanding correctly, all I would need to purchase would be the ES-1 and a PK-13 extension tube.

I've seen people say to use the flash, or point it at the monitor with a bright screen, or even an overcast sky (I'm not doing that last one). Any thoughts welcome.

One thing I'm wondering - she has slides with 3 different sizes / aspect ratios (photo below) - is this going to present any problem to me with the ES-1?

Any insights welcome - Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow