All things must pass...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 15,361
All things must pass...

Well, after some soul searching, I bit the bullet and put the FZ50 and FZ330 on eBay, they're just not getting enough use.  The TZ60/LX7 win on convenience and the M43 G series bodies, with lenses from 7-400mm, win on IQ. 100-400mm lens apart, the M43 weight is similar to the FZ330, GF/GM less weight but no EVF.

The FZ50 re-awakened the pleasures of manual zoom / focus, plus front/rear control wheels well suited to the Aperture Priority mode I use 99% of the time. The G80 has the same features and more.

I have very much enjoyed the FZ330 and still rate it very highly indeed  - still best in class IMO.  Secondhand prices are holding well and mine is in very good condition, so I should re-coup most of its original cost.  I'm conscious that the successor to the FZ330 could emerge this year, which would tend depress FZ330 prices.  So, to quote Elvis 'it's now or never'.

Time will tell if I'm making a mistake.

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +2 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow