EM10 ii + 12-40 Problem

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Isabel Cutler
Isabel Cutler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,394
EM10 ii + 12-40 Problem

I wrote about this in the last year.  My 12-40 can be relied upon to display either the aperture or shutter speed settings - it's erratic - and thus adjustments can't be made.

I had bought an extended warranty for the lens when I started having the problem and used it several months ago to have it repaired.

In the meantime I had started using the panasonic 12-35 for essentially the same shots, but missed the closer focus and longer reach of the 12-40.

The lens seemed to work properly when it returned, but I still took the 12-35 when I had to shoot an event, because the 12-35 was totally reliable and did a great job for that purpose.

Yesterday, I had to shoot an event and took the 12-40.  It started acting up almost immediately, and of course I missed shots.  As possible fixes I tried removing and replacing the lens.  That worked for a while.  Then I tried turning off the camera and turning it on again.  That worked, too, for a short while.

I'm wondering if the extended warranty allows one to repair the same item more than once.  I remember it was quite an ordeal arranging for the return for repair and don't look forward to having to do so again.

Isabel

-- hide signature --

“If you shoot film, you’re a photographer. If you
shoot digital, you’re an editor.” - Charlie Kirk
http://www.pBase.com/isabel95
https://www.flickr.com/photos/isabel95/

Isabel Cutler's gear list:Isabel Cutler's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS 7D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow