Loxia 25 on its way...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
kamituel
kamituel Senior Member • Posts: 1,118
Re: What's the advantage of this duplication?

That's a nice reply. But I'm sure the Zeiss signature qualities can also be found in the Batis series. I am also sure that the character of the Batis can be followed from 18mm to 85mm.

It is just me, that I find Zeiss wasting their resources with duplicating FL.

its not one of the things, its the entire consept. Try to compare manual focus between Loxia and Batis... If you find manual focus important, the choice is easy.

I don't think a choice between Batis and Loxia is purely a choice between MF and AF, or classic MF vs focus by wire.

Other important things: Loxias have declickable aperture ring (for video), different aperture blade setup (straight, even number - oh, those sunstars!), standarized filter thread size.

And even for people who use MF a lot, I'm not sure the choice is that easy. From my experience with Loxia 21 and Batis 85, I actually prefer focus by wire for tripod, slow landscape work. It's easier to fine adjust focus. Especially in gloves, or with fingers numb from cold.

It's surely a matter of personal preference, but I don't think it's as obvious as "MF -> Loxia; AF -> Batis".

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow