Kit recommendations for Costa Rica

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
escrime New Member • Posts: 7
Kit recommendations for Costa Rica

I am fortunate to be going to Costa Rica soon and want to make the most of the photo opportunities (wife permitting!). The kit I have available is:

• 60D
  • 6D
  • Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG
  • 100 2.8L macro
  • 24-70 f4L
  • 70-200 f4L
  • 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II
  • G1x
  • 600EX Rt
  • MR14EX
  • Fuji XP60

I recently bought the 100-400 and plan on selling the (excellent) 70-200. The 60D has served me well, but I wonder whether replacing this with a 7D2 would make sense since the 60D is noisy at higher ISOs, autofocus for moving subjects is slow, and the price of the 7D2 has dropped considerably.

I am going to buy an insert for a messenger bag so I can store two cameras and a travel tripod on trips without attracting too much attention.  The APS-C + 100-400 should be good for wildlife and the 6D for landscape/people/macro. The G1x will be useful for when I don't want to carry a DSLR and the XP60 for the sea etc.

It would be great to hear from those with experience of photography in Costa Rica. I have to say that when I was considering my options I was wondering whether an RX10 III/IV would cover most of my needs, but I have no direct experience of bridge cameras and these appear to have limitations at higher ISOs.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix XP60 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow