How to use remote shutter and wireless flash sync simultaneously

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MisterCody New Member • Posts: 3
How to use remote shutter and wireless flash sync simultaneously

Hello,

I have tried Googling for the answer to my problem, but am unable to resolve the issue I am having. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

I am using Nikon D750 and a Pixel Oppilas remote shutter. The studio I am using has White Lightning flash units and a CyberSync trigger transmitter.

For some reason I cannot use them both at once. I thought I was able to do this in the past, but honestly am starting to question my memory.

Independently, I can use the camera on timer or normal mode and the flash syncs and fires just fine. But since I am doing some self portraits, I would like to use the remote shutter release. The remote shutter works if I mount it on the hot shoe, but my understanding is for the wireless shutter release, the hot shoe is simply a mounting place for the wireless unit to rest and actually is triggered by the cable connected to the camera. But when I let the wireless shutter unit hang from the camera, and put the CyberSync transmitter in the hot shoe to trigger the flash, my shutter will not fire. When I half press the remote control, the camera focuses, and the green lights light up on both the remote and the unit plugged into the camera, but when I press down fully the light turns red and the shutter doesn't fire. When I mount it back onto the hot shoe, it fires fine, but then I am unable to use the flash unit.

I am baffled and frustrated. I really thought I remembered using the remote and the flashes in the past and so I am not sure what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you for any help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow