Ziess Loxia 35 and 50mm owners opinion

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UncleChip Regular Member • Posts: 139
Ziess Loxia 35 and 50mm owners opinion

I am looking for opinions from members who own, or have owned any of these lenses, the reviews tell me the optics are great, and they should be for the price, but for me your opinion is much more realistic,

how do you like shooting a manual lens?

I have been reviewing my lenses, and decided to add a 35 and 50 prime to my collection, I came to the conclusion that there is not a 35mm that covers every situation, I decided in time i will need 2 x 35mm, a small all rounder and a fast 1.4, 50mm is a low use FL for me as i default to my 85 batis,

so it was going to be the sony 35/2.8 and the 55/1.8 then add a 35/1.4 later (when i see sigmas offering)

but i keep coming back to the loxias they are a similar price to the sony 35/2.8 and the 55/1.8. just something about them that draws me to them, so yes owners thoughts would be appreciated

UncleChip's gear list:UncleChip's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow