Favorite or most used lenses on your Df, after all this time..

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Westmill
Westmill Senior Member • Posts: 2,106
Re: Favorite or most used lenses on your Df, after all this time..

My two fave lenses on the DF was the 20mm D and 85mm F1.8 D. Both worked superbly with great results. I had the 105 dc too but not at the time I owned 2 DFs lol, but I would have loved to have tried that combo. The 50 F1.8 d was ok stopped down but lacked character. Tried the older Tammy 24-70 as a lighter alternative to the Nikon but found that too lacked character. Nikon 70-210 f4-5.6 D produces nice results, has great build quality, fast focus and light weight, despite the high build quality. Tammy 70-300 was excellent but lacked character. I would also have liked to try the 58mm but once again... I did not own this lens when i was using the DFs .

My fave lens now would be my Tammy 35mm F1.8.

Even though I do not own a DF right now, I do have two Nikon D4s. Same sensor !!!!  An this lens rocks on them love the build, the weather proofing, the focus, no focus shift, almost macro close focus ability, the vr, and superbly sharp with really nice Bokeh and rendering.

I will hopefully buy another DF by the end of the year.... if I can still buy new by then

Westmill's gear list:Westmill's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow