Loxia 25 on its way...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 4,126
Re: What's the advantage of this duplication?

silentstorm wrote:

Zeiss Batis & Loxia are already high quality range of lenses. Batis 25mm is F2, rumoured Loxia 25mm is F2.4. Batis has AF & a tad faster.

Let's look at the duplicated 85mm. The Batis has AF, is lighter, is cheaper, is faster at F1.8 & has IS. Loxia is heavier, more costly, no IS & slower F2.4

Totally doesn't make sense to me to duplicate another 25mm when optics qualities are very high for both, & of the same brand.

I'm sure the Loxia 25 will be a superb but I won't buy it immediately because like so many others I am happy with my Loxia 21, 35, and 50.

What excites me most is the willingness to duplicate a focal length between Batis and Loxia. This gives me hope that some day I will see a 35mm f/1.8 or f/2 Batis which I truly long for. I own the current 4 Batis lenses and would be very happy to add a 5th. Now I will just have to wait and see.

Steve W

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony a7 III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow