Tell me I'm not loony?????

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JW PHOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,993
Tell me I'm not loony?????

I've had my E-M5II for roughly 7 mos. now and still think it to be the best camera I have ever owned.  The two main reasons I bought the camera was for the Olympus quality lenses and the 5-IBIS stabilization(I'm near 70 with hand tremors).  Now that I have spent enough time with it I now know this M4/3 system is all I will ever need.  So now it's time to add some lenses and a few other things.  I still have some older non-M4/3 lenses and two bodies.  This is where it gets a little complicated, for me, at least.  In the beginning I thought about a three lens combo.  All M4/3 lenses.  7-14mm f2.8, 12-100mm f4 and the Pany-Leica 100-400mm.  Then I would eventually add a E-M1 II body with the E-M1 III came out and the E-M1 II prices dropped.  Now I'm starting to think very differently.  Now I'm thinking of getting the 12-40mm Oly or the older 12-60mm non-m4/3, adding the old 9-18mm non-M4/3 and keeping my old 50-200mm + EC-14 and 35mm f3.5 Macro (love this lens).  As has been said, the E-M5 II is not the ideal camera to use the older non-M4/3  lenses on so I will also pickup a used E-M1 with the money I save by not buying the 7-14mm, 12-100mm and the Pany-Leica 100-400mm.

****Now this is the way it works out:  E-m5II, used E-M1, used 9-18mm, used 12-60mm or new 12-40mm, 50-200mm + 1.4X, 35mm Macro as my standard camera system.  I think that for my style shooting this system with be perfect for me.  Some here would say "ditch" the old 50-200mm, but it is absolutely one of the very best and sharpest lenses I have ever used.  So, the 50-200mm is going nowhere.  If I'm wrong in my selection or decision I'm sure folks here will let me know, but I've pretty much made my mid up, loony or not.****

I also have the older 14-54mm, 40-150mm"R" M4/3, 12-32mm Pany, 14-150mm Oly, but would most likely sell these off except for probably the 40-150mm "R".

I do use a big stable of Leica "R" lenses, Contax G lenses, Nikon, Canon, Leica M39 Summitar and M43 Glass with adapters and find the results more than sufficient.

JohnW

JW PHOTO's gear list:JW PHOTO's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak EasyShare Z1285 Olympus C-3030 Zoom Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 +14 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow