Just got a Panasonic 20mm f1.7 v1

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jsaras Regular Member • Posts: 417
Just got a Panasonic 20mm f1.7 v1

I just purchased a used, mint condition Panasonic 20mm f1.7 v1 lens.  The sharpness of the lens cannot be overstated IMO.  It's every bit the equal of my Olympus 75mm f1.8 and the 15mm Panasonic f1.7 in that regard.  When I heard some reviewers say that "this lens doesn't do continuous AF" I thought it was hyperbole based on its reputation of the slow-ish focus motor, but it literally does not do it, i.e. the option is greyed-out on the camera menu.  It's not a deal-breaker for what I purchased it for, but I thought I'd make that point cle
As the 25mm (50mm FOV) is my favorite focal length I never got along too well with the 14mm or 15mm lenses I have.  The 20mm is the perfect width for indoor social shooting in situations where the 25mm feels a little cramped.  With all the current hoopla surrounding the new Oly 17mm f1.2 lens, this little classic may deserve another look as a viable alternative.

ISO 1600, 1/125 sec shutter speed.  No post-processing adjustments.

-- hide signature --

Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

jsaras's gear list:jsaras's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus PEN E-PL6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow