Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA Lens - Great Rendering

Started 5 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Winder Senior Member • Posts: 1,491
Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA Lens - Great Rendering

I usually like to wait 6 months to a year before writing a review on a lens or camera, but the image quality of the Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA has been consistently special. The AF on the A9 is surprisingly fast and unless you have your ear pressed up to the lens while shooting, it is practically silent. The lens is large, but I carry my camera by the lens in my left hand and prefer using the aperture ring so I don't have any balance issues with this lens and the A9. If you do carry your camera by the grip most of the time, then buy the battery grip for use with this lens.

Build quality is very good. I don't abuse by gear and I'm not working in extreme environments so I can't comment on how well sealed it is. It is a very well made lens that should serve most professionals for years.

I don't sell prints of brick walls or resolution charts so I don't really know how sharp it is or how much field curvature it has. The lens has great character and depth. Excellent colors and contrast and the bokeh is very good given the focal length.  When paired with the A9 the AF is almost instant.

Sony A9 - Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA -           ISO 100 - F/2.0 - 1/1250

Winder's gear list:Winder's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a9 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +2 more
Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
Wideangle prime lens • Sony FE • SEL35F14Z
Announced: Mar 4, 2015
Winder's score
Average community score
Sony a9 Sony FE 35mm F1.4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow