Activating Nikon warranties

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ggeinec Contributing Member • Posts: 614
Activating Nikon warranties

Silly questions perhaps but I just want to make sure I don't mess up eligibility for my warranties . . .

It had been a while since I last purchased anything Nikon, my D90 in 2012. With that purchase, and the ones before it, the box bodies and lenses came in always included a smallish, multi-page, carbonized warranty and registration slip to be filled out with a copy for me and a copy to mailed to Nikon. The instructions included stern language about submitting the forms in a timely fashion after purchase, etc..

I picked up a new D7200 body (from B&H) and a refurb 16-80mm lens (from Nikon) during this past holiday season sales.

The D7200 body came with a single 4" x 4 3/4" Warranty Programs form with the serial number and model number on it and details on the back. No instructions for mailing anything.

The 16-80mm came with a Nikon Reconditioned Product slip with the serial number and model number on it and registration and warranty details below that. No instructions for mailing anything.

Apparently I am supposed to keep both of these forms\slips for proof of purchase and warranty and also register online in the event I ever need warranty service.

So is this how documentation of warranty and registration works now?

Thanks!

Nikon D7200 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow