TG-4 Macro, 2nd outing

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rolandb
rolandb Senior Member • Posts: 2,512
TG-4 Macro, 2nd outing

Right,, my second try at close up / macro with this TG-4.

I've treated myself to the LG-1 light guide, and would have to say ( my opinion only) its certainly improved the shots, and would have to say that 2nd time around, I'm happier with the results but,, and there's that but again, still not what I would call sharp results,,,

All of these taken tripod mounted, using the 2 sec timer and in microscope mode either single shot or focus stacking. the iso was set to 200.  The middle two with focus stacking show iso at 1600, should it still be this high even when using the light guide ?.

I have cropped the shots and they have minimal, and I mean minimal pp on them.

The last one I'm quite happy with but the question is this,,, is this about as good as I can expect or am I still doing something wrong here, again any help, suggestions, info etc would be gratefully received.

Guess the TG-4 is still work in progress

Thanks for looking guys.

Roland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolandb52/

"" I'm a snap-shooter! I shoot anything that interest me. Sometimes, I get lucky and some of my snap-shots turn into a photograph.""

rolandb's gear list:rolandb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus Tough TG-4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow