D850 battery life - my experience so far

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Clivegriff Senior Member • Posts: 1,665
D850 battery life - my experience so far

I obtained my D850 from Bass & Bligh in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK in mid-December. It became immediately apparent that the camera was consuming battery power at an alarming rate. Far from the Nikon advertised 1,840 shots, I would not have achieved 184 shots. The fault was not with the battery because a fresh, genuine Nikon battery was exhausted in similar fashion.

Bass & Bligh agreed to exchange the camera (without any quibble I might add) and they lent me their demo model because they didn't have another D850 in stock but they expected (rightly) that Nikon would provide a replacement for me quickly even though D850s were in short supply at that time. The replacement was in my hands four days later.

The replacement has performed way beyond my expectations. Here is a phone shot of the Battery info menu item... 1,840 passed and 30% charge remaining!

Clivegriff's gear list:Clivegriff's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow