D750's flash output.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DAVID MANZE Veteran Member • Posts: 5,017
D750's flash output.

Hi guys,

I've been trying to link a couple of extension flash guns together using the camera's built in flash to trigger. The problem is one of the camera's pre-flashes which trigger the extension flashguns but don't synchronise with the shutter, the net result is you see the ext. flash through the viewfinder and get dark shots.

I have a optical trigger that I purchased when I shot Pentax which has switch for "red eye setting" with rotary control adjustable to ignore the pre-flashes and only triggers from the main one......unfortunately it doesn't seem to function....more dark frames.

I've by passed optical coupling from the camera and have dug out a cable and hot-shoe adapter which at least works. I've also ordered a radio controlled trigger and four slaves from China, so a wait of a few weeks!

However, it leaves me with the question, how many pre-flashes are there and is there no mode that just uses the main exposure flash without any pre-flashes at all?

I rarely use flash so thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow