a6300 how are you stabilizing for video

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rob_Il Regular Member • Posts: 399
a6300 how are you stabilizing for video

I am trying to use my a6300 to shoot video, but when walking, even very slow and ninja like, there is still way to much shake. I have tried the Crane v2, but the issue I had was that when balancing or turning off with the a6300 w/18-105 the lens would hit the Crane (which cannot be good for the lens over time). Also the fact that gimbal block 80% of the screen make it hard to see the screen and shoot.
Handheld is just horrible as I guess my hand just are not steady enough while walking. Has anyone found another solution? I have all OSS lenses, but they do not seems to do to much in regards to video. Another thing is that rolling shutter seems to be part of the issue as well, but If there was something to help stabilize with clearance to not knock into my lens, I could get by. One other thing is that I have tried my Sony 10-18 as well and it was maybe 10% better, but still really shaky handheld. Is OSS only really for photo? I am not going to get an a6500 as I have seen footage which for handheld video is marginally better.

Part of me is wondering if I should maybe give up on the a6300 for video and get a Canon G7X II or Rx100 as vloggers seem to be able to walk and shoot without issue with these cameras.

I also have as Smooth Q and and iPhone, which for comparison is what I consider very acceptable for stability. But the iPhone in under 50 degrees lasts maybe 20 minutes of video, no changeable battery, limit stage capability and horrible low light.

Anyone know if these work well.
https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Aluminum-Camera-Making-include/dp/B00QI6Y3X0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516511449&sr=8-2&keywords=Neewer+Aluminum+Alloy+Camera+Video+Cage

Just wondering if there is something else I have not considered.

thanks

rob_Il's gear list:rob_Il's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon G7 X II Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow