The cameraville did it again

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,694
Re: The cameraville did it again

MightyMike wrote:

Just to point out my preferences its to use center weighted metering and EV adjust as necessary, however in the past I used matrix because it was always wrong but wrong in the same way for most scenes so it was either constant EV+1 or constant EV-1. The sensors are so good now that so many scenes can be edited in post just fine regardless of metering flaws. The DR is just that good.

Except - what is blown is blown away for good.

The problem being that some parts (in many images) are so bright that they have to be blown. Like lamps and specular reflections and sometimes the sky. And it is hard to automatically decide what can or cannot be blown.

My wish is that they make sensors that can be exposed much more, e.g. can be used at ISO 1. And, that the A/D can handle a much bigger DR, e.g. 32 bit DR. Then the ISO setting and the compensation setting can be removed. Just set the time and aperture and shoot!

-- hide signature --

/Roland
Kalpanika X3F tools:
https://github.com/kalpanika/x3f

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow