Camera Repair/Restoration

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ekill
Ekill Regular Member • Posts: 367
Camera Repair/Restoration

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured open talk would work. I found an old box camera of my grandfather's. It appears to be a Kodak Hawkeye No. 2 Model C. It isn't in very good shape, and the shutter doesn't work. I would like to get it restored to working condition. I wouldn't shoot with it often, but I might want to shoot a roll of film with it. Mainly though, I just want it to look better and be functional so that I could use it if I wanted to. I don't know of anywhere around me that does restorations like that, and I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on it, probable not more than around $200. Does anyone know of a reliable and reasonably priced restoration service? I live in Virginia, so if you know of anything in or around Virginia, that would be preferred, but I'm willing to ship it. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Ekill's gear list:Ekill's gear list
Nikon D800 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow