35 1.8G DX on FF report, part 2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PerL Forum Pro • Posts: 13,980
35 1.8G DX on FF report, part 2

I promised in the thread here to do some more tests on how the DX-lens 35 1.8G behaves on FF.

The weather has been very dark and gloomy, but finally we had some snow and sunshine and I was able to get out and shoot some. Here are examples of a few shots, straight out of camera, no cropping or PP. My impression – it worked rather well. At shorter distances there is very little vignetting. A little more at further distances, but at most 1,1-1,2 crop factor – based on the shots I have made so far.
Why use a DX lens on FF? Well, it might help with the transition from DX, and there is a point if you keep both two systems. I have a very light weight DX kit with a D3400 (which I intend to keep for travels, "reach", etc) as a complement to my D600, and I bought the 35 1,8G long time ago. It is small, light and inexpensive. I was set on getting the 35 FF as a WA walk around lens, but now I might get the 24-85VR instead, and use the 35 1.8G DX when I want shallow DOF or a fast aperture. I dont know, haven't  decided yet. An important part is of course image quality between the lenses, which is another question.

Anyway, here are the samples with no cropping. First shorter distances.

Longer distance:

And finally , the shot above with slight cropping and a slight touch of the vignetting tool i Photoshop.

In a coming post I will report about another DX-lens on FF – the 70-300 DX AF-P.

Nikon D3400 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow