What is your (small) travel kit for travel by plane ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jf_tea Senior Member • Posts: 1,138
What is your (small) travel kit for travel by plane ?

What is your (small) travel kit for a trip by plane, for several weeks or months (for the lucky ones) ?

This post and others inspired me to ask this question.

Also, I remember meeting a couple, both retired teachers, in Chiang Mai in 1996. They each had a small shoulder bag with one change of clothes. Nothing else to carry. When they left their room, they had all their belongings with them (*). I was amazed.

They did not have a camera. But, now, it would be possible to have a small camera (RX100, LX10, LX100, X100, any TZ, etc) and a few large SDHC cards.

Since then, I have pared down my travel luggage to a 22L backpack that can easily meet the cabin luggage requirements, and, a small waist bag with my ILC in it.

What about you ?

(*) Of course, traveling in Thailand does not requires cold weather gear. So, there is less to carry. Myself, I would always bring a polar wool fleece to wear in the plane, and, in A/C bus and trains.

jf_tea's gear list:jf_tea's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-01 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Pentax K-5 IIs +10 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic LX10 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow