CoolPix P900 - Cool Pics!

Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thom Bright New Member • Posts: 1
CoolPix P900 - Cool Pics!

When it comes to any product the first thing is to state wheat are you going to do with it. I love to view images on large 1920 x 1080 27" monitor, at full screen mode. I bother me to see other things on the screen like bars and menus of the computer / browser. So for me the paper print quality of a camera is completely irrelevant.

I also love things from either very far or very close... I love strong vivid colors and that the image is painfully sharp.

Close range. I lay under the car when took this picture. No flash.

And so, after changing few factory defaults of the P900 in its menus, it takes images the way I like.

I have chosen the Vivid mode in picture control, and enhanced by a click the sharpness, contrast and saturation. In the ISO department I chosen Auto 100-400. The Noise reduction is set to Low - the P900 does very good job keeping clear images, by far better than the Canon SX60 I had before. Even at ISO400 you get very clean images.

Than I set the resolution to 1920x1080 so no fitting process - where you always loos sharpness takes place when shown on screen.

That does the trick for me. I already learn how to hold tight when shoot zooms.

Results are fantastic. True, this camera is plastic made, fill flex under pressure, control are moving little to lose to my taste, but who care? We're here for great images and I believe most people are getting new gadget every 2-3 years anyhow, so long as the P900 leave and function for the next 2 years - I'm good.

This is at the Mulholland Snake, the J turn, about 1/4 mile away.

She was about 20 yards from me, sun at her back.

Paddle, from 10 feet.

This was about 60 yards away.

Thom Bright's gear list:Thom Bright's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900
Nikon Coolpix P900
16 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 2000 mm (83.3×)
Announced: Mar 2, 2015
Thom Bright's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow