Waiting on Sigma

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UncleChip Regular Member • Posts: 139
Waiting on Sigma

Zooms have come on so much that to purchase a prime it now needs to be outstanding,

take my 12-24, for me this FL is a landscape lens, I don’t need a faster lens and it’s plenty sharp enough for my intended use, what prime in the 12-24 fl could I put in my bag that will significantly improve on this lense to warrant the cost and extra weight?

i seam to have spent an age comparing images from the 24-70gm to comparable primes, and lately the 24-105 A’s well, removing the form factor and looking at IQ, pop, booka Etc then I ruled out most of the well regarded primes,

I don’t like the size and weight of the 24-70gm, I hated (with a passion) having to work within the constraints of the 24-70/4, the 24-105 seams to be a great lens and if we ever get any in the UK then I will out my 24-70/4 for one,

back to the point of the post,

the Sony 35 and 50mm F1.4 lenses are the only AF lenses available in the 24-70 FL that offer a decent improvement over the best zooms, but you pay a premium for these, Sigma now do some excellent lenses, we know they are working on Sony lenses, rumours are for the fe 35mm, if we get the same IQ for half or 2/3 the price then I will happily have the sigma over the Sony,

for me it’s worth the wait

UncleChip's gear list:UncleChip's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow