Sony RX100 IV - Missing photos mystery

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brisn5757 Senior Member • Posts: 2,946
Sony RX100 IV - Missing photos mystery

Recently I took two photos of a of two people, which were taken only a few seconds apart. I had not taken any other photos with the RC100 IV that day. I was able to playback the photos to show the people their photos. Two days later I took some photos in a museum but they appear to be on a different SD card.
When I plugged the SD card into the computer I could not find the photos of the people I had taken. I searched in all sub directories but the photos had disappeared. I checked my other camera that I used recently in case I had put the SD card not another camera but still no success. The SD card with museum photos did not have the missing photos.

I have been using recovery software but so far it has not found my photos.

I did get a message from the RX100 IV about having some problem with the indexing that it needed to sort out so I'm wondering if it has deleted the folder that the photos were in and created a new folder.

Far as I know the RX100 IV does not have any internal memory for storing photos.

Has anyone else had this problem or can suggest something to try?

Brian

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow