Z740

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Contributing Member • Posts: 735
Z740

The original DPReview review: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakz740

Won an Ebay auction for $12.50 US. Camera, strap and a Canon 16MB card, non-OEM charger and CRV3. No lens cap...which is all too often with these oldies.

My first 5MP and my oldest in the collection, announced January 6, 2005. That's just a few months before the P880. I had read the review and knew of its "cons", namely the slow buffer and no setting for image quality. Others have commented about noise but since I don't peep the pixels or print big it's not that big a deal. Some also complained about the stiff ON/OFF switch. My only complaint during my test shots is a slightly stiff shutter button.

A few tests....most compositions you have see me do but it does help me out in testing. These are 4MP instead of the default 5MP as I forgot to change it. All Program mode:

Macro

It's a nice little bridge and I look forward to shooting the spring colors with it. By the way this camera has the Kodak Retinar lens instead of the S-K. Looks plenty sharp, though.

-- hide signature --
 Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot G6 Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6490 Kodak DX7630 +29 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow