Here I go again - Part II

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,279
Here I go again - Part II

Picking up where I left off in "Here I go again!" I have purchased an FZ300, and this evening it arrived.  Since I have the FZ200 and FZ1000, I had several fully charged batteries and that let me get started right away.

First off, I set a flock of menu items and that let me take some shots in my den, as it was dark outside.   I shot at ISO 1600 with settings similar to my FZ1000 and approximately like the FZ200.  (the FZ300 menu is much more like the FZ1000 and so FZ200 settings are only approximated in the FZ300.

Anyway, the FZ300 showed a much cleaner image with less noise, and greater sharpness.   A good step up from the FZ200.  It also showed me that I got a "good" FZ300.

Although the FZ300 is a little bigger and a little heavier, I was pleased to find it fits in the same bag I used for the FZ200, an older Tamrac Expo Jr.  It has room for the FZ300, cards, charger, spare batteries (2), a spare lens cap, and a microfiber cleaning cloth.  I also used the clear lens protector filter from the FZ200, and the neck strap which is a older Nikon 1" wide, one-piece black strap.

More testing and comparisons will follow, and probably more adjustments.

At this point, I'm pretty pleased.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on the first thread.  Much appreciated!, and so valuable.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon SX220 HS Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic FZ1000 +1 more
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow