Best workaround the lack of wide angle?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
boy_wander Junior Member • Posts: 30
Best workaround the lack of wide angle?

Hello,

Recently switched from Nikon FF to a6500 and I knew getting into this I'd have limited wide angle. I think the undisputed champ right now is the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 but even that is only a 24mm FF equivalent and nowadays that's not wide enough for landscape. The Samyang 12 and Sony 10-18 I heard reviews of not so great edge to edge sharpness even when stopped down.

So my not-so-genius idea was if I would just suck it up and stitch 4-5 vertical photos for panoramas. Now obviously this only works on certain situations but looking back most of my shots are doable with Panorama since I always shoot with a tripod and take my time anyway.

Are there other easier ways to work around this problem? I don't mind spending an extra $500 CAD for a panoramic setup if it gets me the image I want.

P.S. I plan to make medium to large prints so the higher resolution is welcomed (not for selling but just for my own personal collection)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow