*Vertical* inserts?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
TheClueless
TheClueless Senior Member • Posts: 1,944
*Vertical* inserts?

If I'm shooting the SL or D810, that's when the Pelicans come out along with the resulting logistics - but as is far more likely the case, when I carry a compact body and a couple of lenses through a day, I usually default to a messenger like the 3A-5TS and toss in an insert or two. But there are obviously times I want to use a backpack.

I frequently use backpacks with wide opening fronts and with the bulk of their usable space in a single vertical compartment - and this is where the problem lies.

I have packs like the Peak Everyday, but I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics which still scream "photographer". I need my packs to scream "fashion victim".

The first pack linked has a traditional zip top, but that's for the laptop and thin/small things compartment. The bulk of the expandable storage space on the pack is located behind the asymmetrical flap, which is secured by a clip. That bit opens out, and the pack has a hidden zip running from the top to the bottom - so that opening it out looks a bit like, er, a lady part.

So things like a horizontal camera bag insert basically don't work. I'm wondering if I can press my Isars and Niles into 1-body + 2~3 lens + accs service.

I'm wondering if there are any inserts which work for vertical use - with outward opening flaps (large velcro or plastic buckle secured) and accordion sides to prevent items from falling out, for each compartment.

TheClueless's gear list:TheClueless's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1 Leica M10 Nikon D850 Sony Alpha a7R III Fujifilm X-H1 +86 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow