Got the 25/1.2, just received 17/1.2, just ordered 45/1.2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 7,813
Got the 25/1.2, just received 17/1.2, just ordered 45/1.2

I've been shooting grammar school basketball at this school since 2008. Their lighting in the gym was putrid. I don't know what kind of lighting they had before but it was the type that required a warmup time of 10 to 15 minutes and flickered quite bad. The school replaced their lighting last summer with led lights. Big improvement. I decided this year to use my 25/1.2 and PL 42.5/1.2 at the games. My position is at the end of the court. I have never seen such clean basketball shots at that school in what is now year 11. A lot has to do with a change in lighting. Part of the clean shots was using my 1.2 primes over my 2.8 zooms. At one end of the court I'm able to get more distance from the line so I used the 42.5/1.2. One person on our team got fouled, so I thought it would be neat to use Pro Capture High to get the shot of the player just releasing the ball and then a couple shots of the ball traveling to the basket, that's when I realized I can't do that with a Panasonic lens. Second half I used my 25/1.2 so I could use Pro Capture.

I ended up just an hour ago to order the 45/1.2. I was planing on getting this lens later in the year because of weather resistance, but Pro Capture pushed my time frame by about six months. I should have the 45/1.2 Monday. Here are some shots from last night's game.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D810 Nikon D500 +28 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow