When did you know you were going to be a decent photographer?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Contributing Member • Posts: 557
When did you know you were going to be a decent photographer?

I ride the train to work, and the good thing is that I get to see the golden hour every day.  I get to go from no light, to great light to harsh light, and I get to see the same scenes in all these various types of light, and I get to see the seasons change to bring colors, no colors, ice, snow and rain.

I mention this because until recently I was really looking to get a camera with a larger sensor, so that I could take better pictures.  I knew my gx85 was good and I had one of the better smaller lenses in the PL 15mm f1.7, but I wasn't satisfied with my pictures.  I even went out and bought the 20mm f1.7 again, thinking it would make taking pictures more fun.  And I have found plenty of people to cosign my thinking.  That I would enjoy it more if I had better equipment.
Well something clicked this past week, between not shooting at f1.7, and using spot exposure (to get the shot I want while facing the sun) and a combination of proper cropping and editing.  I am finally seeing pictures that I LIKE!  And that is making it fun...
Took me a year to get here with my present gear, when/how did things start clicking for you?

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow