am I being forced into a Lightroom subscription?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,406
am I being forced into a Lightroom subscription?

I am very annoyed with the Adobe move to a Lightroom subscription model. I will keep the last non-subscription version until I can decided where to go. But...

Is there any raw developer that will flawlessly import my Lightroom database and provide me with a similar level of tagging and searching my images? Of course, it must be an excellent developer. Also, I use the Lightroom/SmugMug add-in extensively. Does any other raw developer support that sort of interaction?

I feel that I am being forced to stay with Lightroom if I like the level of DAM and extensibility that it offers me in m4/3. Certainly, the stand-alone version will work just fine for years if I do not purchase newer cameras and lenses. If I freeze my kit in time, I can freeze my software in time, sort of. 

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA
Life is good in the woods

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow