Nikon G aperture adapters

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fishy wishy
fishy wishy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,246
Nikon G aperture adapters

I've tried out an adapter ring for Nikon G lenses to a mirrorless mount. On a Sigma G type, on a Nikon G, on a Nikon D. I couldn't even get the lens to lock into place. It does not feel like there is any mechanism to catch onto. I'm puzzled by this since the F adapter by the same manufacturer without the aperture ring on it mounts lenses fine. No, the G version did not mount D lenses with aperture ring either.

I can insert the lens into the body of the adapter but it doesn't catch onto any mechanism as it is rotated round. At this point the only thing I can do is play with the latch to see if it helps but it doesn't. It's almost as if it's not made for the right mount but I'm sure it is, it has a very distinctive styling to this version. The aperture ring certainly works, but the locking doesn't. I tried another of the same type without success either.

The company's emails did not work, they just bounce. Strange because the items seem mechanically the highest quality out of the adapters I have used so far.

I can't think of much more I can do with this adapter. Any ideas?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow