A6500 screen brightness in video mode

Started Apr 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
Off The Mark Senior Member • Posts: 4,118
Re: A6500 screen brightness in video mode

Jeevis wrote:

there is a work around that I've tested to work on my A6500, saw it on a Sony forum thread just before:

There is monitor brightness limitation when shooting in XAVCS 4K. If you change “Monitor Brightness” to 0 before shooting in 4k, then the brightness of the LCD monitor will be consistent. In bright shooting environment we suggest you use the viewfinder or an external monitor.

Please try recording a video indoors and outdoors with the Monitor brightness set to 0 before setting the movie format to XAVCS 4k. I tested it here inside the office and the lcd screen did not dim when I shot the 4k video.

Well... I don't know if that is so much of a "solution" as it is just a fact of life...

Yes, if you set the Monitor Brightness of the a6500 (and I assume the a6300) to 0 then it won't dim when you switch to 4K.

However, that 0 monitor brightness is ALREADY dim. Meaning if you were to set the monitor to Sunny Weather or to +2 and then switch the recording format to 4K, the monitor would automatically dim to that 0 level.

So it is 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Same difference. Same-Same. Same thing.  In one case, the monitor automatically dims to the 0 level, in the other case, you are dimming it manually.

-- hide signature --

Stay Broke... Shoot Sony!

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow