Sigma 35 1.4 or New Pentax 50 1.4?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 2,927
Sigma 35 1.4 or New Pentax 50 1.4?

I need your advice. I have been wanting to buy the sigma art 35mm, BUT, is it true that I will have AF problems? What kind of focusing problems can I "expect" from that lens?

Everybody says is a great lens except the AF. Does that depend on the copy I get or do all sigma 35mm have issues? I am real scared of wasting my time and money on this lens because I did own the 18-35 1.8 and it started front focusing on the D500 under certain indoor fluorescent light. It was really disappointing because I was told in the Nikon Pro DX forum that was a known issue with that lens as well. I was REALLY upset and returned that entire combo. what do actual sigma 35mm art owners say about this?

One small note:  I HATE dealing with defective annoying AF issues

Now, if I really want to avoid AF issues I would rather get a different lens, but the question is which one? I need really good dependable AF. So, should I just wait and get the new pentax 50mm instead? That focal length can also work for me. I definitely prefer the 35mm but the 50 is also duable.

Thanks.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow