Oly EM-5 II C-AF issue - kite surfers

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rgs_45
rgs_45 Senior Member • Posts: 1,044
Oly EM-5 II C-AF issue - kite surfers

Oly EM-5 II C-AF issue

Is there a setting for the EM-5 II C-AF aside from just choosing C-AF from the menu?

Suggestions? Recommendations?

I was out by the lagoon here at Kwaj a few days ago taking some photos of kite surfers. I have the EM-5 II with Oly 12-100/4.0 PRO and every time I use C-AF, it will not focus. What it does is hunt focus, like its “pulsating” meaning it will focus then after about a second it will lose focus then it focuses again after a second. It does this continuously. C-AF (tracking) does the same thing. It does track the subject but it hunts focus.

FW version: BODY 2.3 / 1.0 for the 12-100/PRO.

I also have the Oly EM-1 I with 75-100 II attached and the tracking works as it should be.

Below are a few shots of the kite surfer couple. The high ISO (640) is due the weather condition, cloudy and drizzling most of the time in order to get fast enough shutter speed.

CC is always appreciated. Suggestion, Recommendations how to get a better shot of kite surfers? Camera settings? etc?

It is impossible to get a nice photo with the surfer and kite to fill the frame.

-- hide signature --

- Rich -
"A photographer is your worst friend. He will Frame you! He will Shoot you! And if you're one of the lucky ones, he will Hang you too."

rgs_45's gear list:rgs_45's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic GX850 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow