Panasonic Leica Lenses - mFT, do they have the "Leica Look"?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
marc petzold
marc petzold Senior Member • Posts: 1,124
Panasonic Leica Lenses - mFT, do they have the "Leica Look"?

Good Morning,

i am questioning myself, if the Panasonic Lenses, which are made for m43/mFT Systems, are really comparable into terms of Leica Look (3D Pop, Bokeh, Contrast) to typical Leica Lenses, let's say the 18-56 Zoom for the Leica CL, TL for instance, the Panasonic Leica 12-60/2.8-4 lens? From what i've read so far - Panasonic does make the lenses, under Leica quality control - but that doesn't mean in any way, that Leica have had designed these lenses.

I do have a old G1 from 2008, and soon, the Leica 14-150 ASPH...because i do needed the extra reach of focal length, way too often during the past months, and with my usual 28-70/24-105 Lenses, i am always being forced to carry two Bodies, or switching lenses, which i do never "on the fly" on location, or outside the house.

From what i've seen from the 14-150, it does indeed being capable to produce really nice images.

I'm drawn by Zeiss Lenses, because i do love their 3D Pop Ability, and rendering style, microcontrast...but from what i've seen the past 2-3 decades...Leica Lenses tend to be onto the warmer side, whileas Zeiss is rendering colors somehow cooler....

Maybe someone here would own a APS-C Leica System (LXV, or TL(2), CL) and also a mFT System with Panasonic "Leica" Lenses to compare?

Good Light !

Marc

-- hide signature --

"The Best Camera is the One That's with You" ~ Chase Jarvis

marc petzold's gear list:marc petzold's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 50D Nikon D7000 +64 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow