Sony APS-C Zooms

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joachim Wulfers
Joachim Wulfers Senior Member • Posts: 2,765
Sony APS-C Zooms

The sample photos of the newly announced Sony E 18-135 have created quite a stir. It seems that the majority of comments have been negative so far. Rather premature in my opinion but then, which Sony aps-c zoom has found the favour of the critics. I am convinced that the actual users are the silent majority, using their lenses to actually make photos.

I have the kit zoom (during my motor cycle trips it sits in my tank bag attached to my A6000). But the zoom I use the most is the E 18-200 OSS. However, I noticed that the vast majority of my photos are at a FL of 70mm and below. So, I am one of those anxiously awaiting the release of the new 18-135 zoom. Besides that a 16-70 would fit very well in my future travel trilogy, i.e. E 10-18 (which I have), E 16-70 and FE 70-300.

So far the 18-200 has served me well since 2013 when I purchased it to go on a sea kayak trip in the Fjord of the Saguenay.

Here are two recent shots taken when some smaller tall ships visited Hamilton, ON

But the E 18-135 could replace the 18-200  and be used instead of a 16-70 lens

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Wulfers's gear list:Joachim Wulfers's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Voigtlander 21mm F4 Color Skopar Pancake II Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +9 more
Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow