HR 25mm Lens Test Results: 25mm f/1.2 vs 14-35mm f/2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jan Chelminski Senior Member • Posts: 1,235
HR 25mm Lens Test Results: 25mm f/1.2 vs 14-35mm f/2

For those interested, I selected a good result from the test exposures from each lens to display here.

For me, this is not a yet definitive test, but I find the results interesting and thought others might as well.

My conclusion at this point, yes, the 25mm is very good, but it is easily out-classed by the FT zoom!

Both images from the HR .ORF files, processed in Iridient Developer using it's default presets, (no other adjustments) and saved at (down-sampled to) 50%. Please view at 100% in gallery to evaluate!

FT SHG Zuiko, 14-35mm @ 25mm:

14-35mm f/2: 25mm, f/3.2

mFT PRO Zuiko 25mm:

25mm f/1.2: f/2.8

Related to these tests, I have found I will need to create an improved the tripod mount system for critical use of the adapted 14-35 and 7-14 FT lenses. The existing adapters (I have the MMF-3, DMW-MA1 and Fotga 'Metal Made' F43 A1 electronic adapters) are not what they could be. I plan to machine a special Arca plate that will screw to the foot of the Fotga adapter as well as the E-M1.2, which should eliminate the lens sag I have observed. The lens side of the Fotga adapter is nice and tight. When I accomplish this, I will post the images of it.

Best,

Jan

-- hide signature --

"In my opinion to search means nothing in painting. To find is the thing."
-Picasso
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Equivalence[sic], and why m4/3 is THE NATURAL CHOICE, for those who value very high quality AND excellent portability:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60478849

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow