E-mount lens can be fungus resistance?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DixonLau
DixonLau Regular Member • Posts: 335
E-mount lens can be fungus resistance?

May I know does any of the Sony E-mount lens that can be fungus resistance or at least less compare to others? The Sony specified "dust and moisture resistance", does that able to prevent fungus growth?

As I'm living in tropical region country, fungus issue on lenses are very common here. I'm worrying if I to get an expensive E-mount lens typically "dust and moisture resistance", it won't make any difference to fungus growth. Therefore, no point for me to invest into such high end lenses.

I'm planning to upgrade my current bridge camera HX400V to A6500 body and probably a zoom lens with dust and moisture resistance if possible. My current camera is almost a year and it is suspected to hv sign of fungus already. It makes me reconsider if it is really worth my money to further enjoy my photography quest. A good smartphone can do very well nowadays for landscape photography in terms of quality and with very minimal to non of fungus growth issue.

Also, I have read that using an UV light can help kill the fungus and stop it from further expand. Is that true? How do you maintain and keep your lens in tip top  condition? or it is just common needed to service your lenses?

Thanks for any input.

DixonLau's gear list:DixonLau's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow