Back Button Focus???

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CooperD Regular Member • Posts: 190
Back Button Focus???

I am a Canon EOS convert.  I shot a lot of Sports for my kids when they were at home. I have sold all that gear and downsized into the a6000 for traveling now.

With the Cannon, I could set the camera up for Back Button Focus - Continuous and really get better shots. Once I learned that and you couple it with half button push for exposure then you can move around to recompose on the fly things really got better.

Here is my problem with the Cannon when you put the dial in "idiot mode" green box, it went back to focus on the shutter button this was great when handing the camera to someone to take a shot of our family etc because they could never comprehend "back button focus"

I have the AEL button all set up for AF-C and I am getting used to it (the AEL button is not as prominent as the button was on the Cannon).  But it appears that once that is set up it is that way for ALL modes on the dial.   Is there a way to set up a mode on the dial to make it work in "idiot mode" point and shoot?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow