Replacement for my ageing S90

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
boblister Junior Member • Posts: 42
Replacement for my ageing S90

My S90 is getting a bit long in the tooth and is missing things like wireless image transfer and full HD video. Although I have an iPhone on me all the time which is reasonable it's not comfortable to use as a pocket camera like the S90 was. I also have a 7DmkII and a M3 both of which I don't consider an easy carry pocketable. So the S90 is the target for replacement. I am trying to keep within the Canon eco system but as it's a fixed lens it's not mandatory. I have been reading about the G9,7,5 and 3-X's but without holding one not sure how they compare. The G5-X looks interesting but seems to have the digic 6 processor where some of the others mentioned above have digic 7. Also not sure if the lump on the top would get in the way. I think I would like a better zoom than the S90 but without sacrificing pocket-ability. Any suggestions appreciated.

boblister's gear list:boblister's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M3 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS M3 Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow