USB 3.0/3.1 Type C Card Readers or OTG Cables

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
BruceBanner New Member • Posts: 19
USB 3.0/3.1 Type C Card Readers or OTG Cables

I am shopping for a new phone, but I also want it to act as a secondary 'in the field' professional photography backup kit.
The intention is to be able to eject my SD cards from my professional cameras, input into a suitable USB Type C SD Card Reader, connect to my phone and copy the content from the SD cards to the phone's Microsd Card.

There are specific 'in the field' backup soloutions in the area of professional photographers, but usually you are paying quite a lot for it and additional features that are not required, and most of all the actual SD Card transfer speeds can be very poor indeed!
We typically all have phones and carry them about with us anyway, upgrade the storage of the phone in conjunction with the newer Type C USB 3.0/3.1 speeds and we should be ok.

Problem is I can't find anyone testing any market Type C Card Readers with Android handsets, typically all the reviews they are using Macbooks etc.

Anyone tried anything like this before?

Cheers and TIA!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow