RAW file integrity verification tool

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,901
RAW file integrity verification tool

Is there a tool that can verify the integrity of an out of camera RAW file (in my case, from Nikon)?

I ran across one or two files in my LR catalog that were corrupt, and I don't remember them being corrupt when they were copied to the drive, but that was several months ago (maybe they were and I just never bothered to check) but anyway, this has me thinking about trying to verify files that are supposedly corrupt.

I do regularly backup my images (and work and LR catalog) to an external drive, so recovering a file should it get messed up, isn't that difficult, but I wanted to just know if there was such a tool out there that could to this on a per-file basis?

I'm sure it was caused by bit-corruption perhaps during copying or perhaps something else... so I'm sure that this issue isn't an unheard of issue as I think people have experienced corrupt RAW files from time to time.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow