Fuji X-T2 grip fittment

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Platinum_Jello New Member • Posts: 6
Fuji X-T2 grip fittment

Back when I rented an X-T2 and booster from Borrowlenses (a pre-purchase test drive), I was impressed with how well the plastic grip extension fit the camera. It seemed floppy by itself, but laid right down nice and tight to the body once attached. I had that camera for a week and never really noticed it was even there. Fast forward to today, I've got my very own X-T2 and booster. The problem is, the plastic extension doesn't sit flush against the body like I remember. The top edge sits away from the camera about 3mm and it gives the camera a real mushy feel in the hand. Normally I'd just go to the local camera store and check out another grip, but I live in a city where Fuji is mostly just something they "can order in". The closest decent shop is an hour and a half away... And y'all are right here at the end of my keyboard.

So, can anyone else chime in on how well their grip fits and help me decide if I need to take advantage of my return window? Here's a couple pictures of the situation:

https://imgur.com/a/Knch9

Thanks!

Platinum_Jello's gear list:Platinum_Jello's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow