Change default file format used when saving in PS CC?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,603
Change default file format used when saving in PS CC?

I seem to remember in previous versions of PS CC, you could set a default file format to use when saving images that are RAW files from the camera (in my case, NEF files for Nikon) or files that you sent over from LR.

Some how mine is set to always save as TIFF (I have PS CC 2018) and it's a bit annoying because I have to change it each time I save a file (that I've opened from a RAW file.)

Does anyone know where this option is or if they (Adobe) removed it from the Preferences?  I've gone through the dialog box a few times, tab by tab but didn't see it unless it got buried somewhere in a sub-tab/sub-dialog or moved elsewhere in the program...?

(Again, not a big deal, but sometimes I forget to change it and end up with a lot of large edited files on my HDD, as I think the "lossless compressed" PSD's would be significantly smaller than the TIFFs.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow