Panasonic 100-400

Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
nebulla Contributing Member • Posts: 967
Re: Panasonic 100-400

For what is is worth , here is my take on the subject.

I purchased my copy of the Panasonic 100-400mm around late October last year. I took it down to a conservation area which is well known for birds, but as the weather was starting to get a little colder, there were hardly much going on except for some sparrows hanging around. I remember, and some of you might too, me posting a few on this forum. I was not very happy with the results, especially when I compared them with pictures taken with my Nikon 200-500mm . Most of you agreed with me that they were not sharp, and suggested that it was probably due to user error. I let this slip, as I know that I am a capable photographer, and usually get sharp images with all my lenses mostly hand held. Since that time, the weather got  a lot worse and I have not, or hardly been anywhere to test the lens again on birds, but I have been playing with it on some scenes, some landscapes, and various other types of photographs..still handheld, and I can say this now. The Lens is very sharp, well built , a pleasure to hold and shoot with, and I am 100% confident that it will be a lens that I will be using for a long time to come.

Let me also say, that I have seen pictures posted by some of you on this forum that have so much detail that I can now admit that this lens rocks. Needless to say, YES. It was user error on my part the first time out.

nebulla's gear list:nebulla's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus E-M1 II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow