A $1000 USD Question

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
Boss of Sony Senior Member • Posts: 1,686
Re: A $1000 USD Question

I can't imagine why any amateur photographer would want to spend that kind of money on a body like G9 or GH5 if they were not interested in the top line video specs which are the main reason these bodies are so expensive. The G85 is less than half the price of the G9, but should be able to do pretty much anything an amateur would need in terms of stills photography. Spending twice as much to get a few new features or slightly better performance seems a bit overkill. If you wanted to shoot slow motion video, or something, then I could understand. But for stills only, if I was going to spend that kind of money I would prefer to buy an APS-C or full frame camera to get better IQ/performance.  If you're moving up to a body that size, then a slightly bigger lens should be acceptable. And those systems do have small lenses too.

Boss of Sony's gear list:Boss of Sony's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow