Exercise in Composition

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP (unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,498
Re: Exercise in Composition

jaggedhorizon wrote:

Joe Pineapples II wrote:

Any and all comments welcome.

J.

I personally like this a lot. One of the photographs I've seen when I didn't have time to comment, but it stayed with me so I wanted to come back to it.

I definitely like the fact that the bikes are cut off. And the three synchronised walkers in the background are excellent. Also love the muted colour treatment.

If there was one thing I may have liked even more, is for this shot to have been taken from further behind with a longer lens, to have the people in the background appear somewhat larger while framing the bikes the same way. Obviously impossible to change the lens in time to take the shot, and perhaps impossible to walk backwards sufficiently. Just thinking it would have emphasised the symmetry.

But very well done anyway.

Thank you for your comments. Mostly I have been shooting with a Ricoh GR (28 mm  equiv. lens), but I have been shooting more with a 35 mm prime recently, and I find that I like its slightly more natural perspective.

J.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow